Monday, January 22, 2007

Chapter3

Lets talk about the government, I think healthcare and public transportation should be owned by the government. This is because most private owned businesses run better, and more efficiently. My belief is that because there are more crown corporations = better over all economy.
According the link below, Alberta is attempting to privatize health care, the total amount spent each year per person on healthcare is about $4,400 canadian dollars. If alcoholics and drugies pay a visit to the hospital once ever week, wouldnt they have already spent the limit? Thus I believe that hospitals would be much more efficient running privatly, there would be no waiting times. With private health care, people will not abuse the system. Because everytime they visit the service, they have to pay for it. Thus it is unlikely that they will repeat their habit. Such as drinking alcohol.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The downside to privatizing healtcare is that, people won't ocasionally go in for checkups, which means that early prevention would be avoided.

We all pay for tax, if we arn't visiting the hospital as often as others, then there is a certain amount of case that we did not use. This amount is then allocated to others who abuse the system, making this public system inefficient.

This is My idea of the Ideal Health care system:

We should go with the two tier system. I think you are unsure of what is really right. How about my opinion...take a look.

We Have both Private and Public systems together. We use a new type of medical card, this new cards is an ID and could be accessed by both systems. Each year The government splits Bling into the two systems. And each year, your medicare card is renewed with credits that you can use. For example; I have really high income, I get taxed alot. So my medicare card gives me $10,000 credits for use in private or public systems of my choice! Now if you were the average Joe, and you made average....then you would get something like $4,000 dollars of credit.

How much credits do you get each Year? Depends on that Annual Income TAX form you fill out each Year. =D

Then....If say I was all clean and healty for this whole year, I may wish to go to the bank during a specified period (like 2 weeks) before my credits Renews....and at the bank I can credit all my $10,000 dollars to my bank account. This could be a way of....tax relief...or something. Its just good to have more money to spend. Its bad if you leave it in your bank Account....


http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/healthcare/public_vs_private.html

2 comments:

Brian T said...

Wait! You said "I think healthcare and public transportation should be owned by the government. This is because most private owned businesses run better, and more efficiently." That doesn't make sense.

Anyways, I think that health care shouldn't be completely owned by the government. Public ownership has its flaws. Waiting lists, not enough doctors, crowded hospitals are the consequence. Private health care is more expensive of course, but it provides a better service to those who can afford it. That's why more people are spending more on it than Medicare. Alberta privatizing health care? Not too bad for them, they're rich anyway. A balance between public and private would be good.

Brian T said...

As for private health care, it has its flaws too. Mainly the factor of large costs turns some people off. But the system shouldn't be entirely private either. You also said that some people won't go to a checkup that much under a private system, making early prevention harder. It's a good point, especially for those who can't afford it. That's why we have the public system.